CPSA is established as a waqf for Allah SWT and the community at large. The CPSA Board of Education is formed of 17 parents, alumni, and dedicated members of the community who are elected as volunteers for three year terms to the CPSA Board of Education. Elections are held every year, and community members are encouraged to nominate themselves and each other to give back to CPSA and the community. Individual members may serve a maximum of two consecutive terms before being required to step down for a minimum of one year, to encourage both new blood and new ideas. A recent amendment to the bylaws permits up to six members that the majority of the board feel are especially deserving to serve 10 year terms instead.
Currently, the CPSA Board of Education is presided over by its chairman, Dr Shahid Ansari.
The CPSA Board of Education
- Dr Shahid Ansari – President, Chair of Fundraising Committee
- Zafar Choudhry – Vice President and Chair of Human Resources Committee
- Kamran Ashraf – Secretary and Chair of Board Development Committee
- Dr Mohammed Ilyas – Treasurer, Chair of New Building Committee
- Dr Mohammed Taher – School Principal & Staff Liaison
- Mahmoud Al-Qudsi – Chair of Education Committee, Chair of IT Committee
- Khaja Hameeduddin – Education Committee Member
- Dr Imaad Sheikh – Chair of Sports Committee
- Mohamad Abdallah – Chair of the Alumni Committee and Education Committee member
- Dr Mahjabeen Hussain – PSG Committee Chair, Education Committee member
- Dr Syed Waliuddin – VSG Committee Chair
- Juveriya Mir – Education Committee member and Alumni Liason
Monthly Board Meetings
The CPSA Board of Education holds regular, scheduled meetings once a month. Currently, the monthly meetings are scheduled for 8:30 AM on the 1st Sunday of each calendar month. Visitors are both welcome and encouraged to reach out to the board if they would like to drop by and present an issue at one of the monthly meetings, given sufficient advance notice.
In addition to the scheduled monthly meetings, individual committees hold meetings regularly throughout the month to discuss committee-specific matters.
Joining a Committee
Members of the community looking to give back to CPSA are invited to join one of the existing committees, chaired by active board members. Please contact the committee chair (refer to the list above) to ask about joining a committee.
Nominating a Board Member
Elections for open positions on the CPSA board are held every year in June. Completed nomination forms (below) must be submitted a month prior to qualify, either via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted in a clearly marked, sealed envelope to the school principal.